MWC Barcelona is one of the world’s biggest connectivity events, and it went fully hybrid this year. It is the place where leaders and pioneers come to inspire the next generation of innovators. The event explored how AI, 5G, Big Data, and IoT will shape the future and continue to transform lives. The major aspects of focus were sustainability, connectivity, and connected impact. It also focuses on using these technologies to stay ahead of the curve in the mobile industry.
This year’s Mobile World Congress had a promising start, with Qualcomm announcing its Snapdragon 888 Plus processor that will power upcoming flagship Android smartphones. Later, Samsung made announcements related to its Galaxy ecosystem of connected devices, smartwatches, and Knox’s security system.
From the company’s Galaxy Watch 4 announcement to announcements about the company’s Knox security platform, here’s a highlight of all of Samsung’s announcements at its Galaxy MWC Virtual Event at Mobile World Congress 2021.
The MWC Barcelona event aims to be carbon-neutral, like the 2019 edition, officially certified by AENOR International. Here’s what the thought leaders had to say about the event.
“They say that a crisis accelerates progress and innovation. The impact of the global pandemic is no exception to that thinking. The rate of change is phenomenal, and this will be a feature in the MWC program.” said John Hoffman, CEO of GSMA Ltd. “There’s nothing that beats building relationships in person, and I am consistently encouraged by the collective desire to come back together.”
Have a mobile app idea to discuss?
Let's talk & discuss possibilities together.
Key Announcements- MWC Barcelona 2021:
- The new Galaxy Watch: One UI Watch will also be available for Galaxy Watch on the new, unified platform jointly built with Google. -performance enhancements, seamless experience, and integration of Watch and smartphones, access
- Auto app installation: As part of the new experience, once you install watch-compatible apps on your smartphone, they will be swiftly downloaded onto your smartwatch.
- Improved Watch Face Design tool: Making it easier for designers to create watch faces.
- App ecosystem: This included the 5G-enabled Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone – and how the devices integrate with smart home company SmartThings. The focus was on how its devices – everything from tablets to smartwatches – communicate and sync up with each other.
- Samsung Knox: Samsung touted its device security system, known as Samsung Knox, aiming to protect against cyberattacks and secure passwords and other data.
- Unlock the Potential of AI-on-5G: In the era of AI, telcos have the opportunity to become central to enterprise digitization with new business models and 5G connectivity. Join us online at Mobile World Congress (MWC) Barcelona 2021 to explore how AI delivered over 5G networks enables new possibilities across healthcare, retail, smart cities, factories, and beyond.
Thought Leaders: MWC Barcelona 2021
MWC21 includes world-class speakers, the Ministerial Programme, leading-edge exhibitors, start-up innovation at 4YFN, and the Diversity4Tech Summit. The multi-layered health and safety plan, Committed Community, combined with a virtual platform, means the global mobile ecosystem can come together safely for networking, collaborating, and deal-making.
With over 600 keynote and conference speakers from different sectors, including mobile, healthcare cloud, and finance, the event was a big hit.
- Julie Sweet, CEO, Accenture
- Shuky Sheffer, CEO, Amdocs
- Zina Jarrahi Cinker, Director General, AMPT
- Adam Selipsky CEO, AWS.
- Ana Maiques CEO, Neuroelectrics.
- Dr. Antonio de Lacy Chief of Gastrointestinal Surgery Department, Hospital Clínic, Barcelona.
- Arvind Krishna CEO, IBM.
- Caroline Casey Founder & Creator, The Valuable 500. and many more
For more information on the event and many such updates, get in touch with experts at Copper Mobile.