As the world continues to fight these challenging times that COVID-19 has caused to our community, it’s inspiring to see how people everywhere have adapted to the situation. People working remotely, learning from home, and gathering virtually to stay close to family and friends, it’s been gratifying to see how Apple products have played such a crucial role in bringing these people together and moving on to a totally different lifestyle. On September 15, 2020 Apple came up with two products- Apple Watch Series 6 and Ipad, at the Apple launch event ‘Time Flies‘.
Apple also announced a new version of the iPad Air following the design of the iPad Pro. This means thinner, smaller bezels with rounded corners on the screen.
Here are some highlights of the event:
1. Apple Watch SE, a low-price version of the Watch, brings the Watch range’s higher-end features but slightly lower.
2. Launch of Apple Watch 6, with a longer-lasting battery and a new S6 chipset inside. Additional features include an oxygen sensor, which can spot a couple of respiratory diseases if coupled with the heart rate and rhythm sensor.
Let's talk & discuss possibilities together.
3. A new iPad Air 4 with crucial elements of iPad Pro and the new A14 Bionic chipset.
4. Another Apple One subscription service is announced, where you can bundle up your Apple Services in one place. Moreover, there is Fitness+ that takes the metrics from your Apple watch and puts them on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV screen and gives you real-time feedback on your health.
5. A new range of software is released- from iOS 14 to iPadOS14 to WatchOS 7 to tvOS 14.
The Apple Watch 6 Series:
Apple Watch has made a profound impact on a number of its users’ lives, and we continue to be inspired. This year, Apple has made several advancements in the health features of the Watch to encourage the better living of its users. Interestingly, the highlight of the announcement is the new Apple Watch’s ability to measure Oxygen blood saturation. It’s a measure of how well your cardiovascular system is functioning.
This is the first time Apple Watch has come up with a Product Red edition with an elegant red band. The series comes with an S6 processor that’s 20% faster than all its predecessors. It’s all the more energy-efficient and has an always-on display feature, which is twice as bright as before. Users can also measure their elevation in real-time, especially useful for hikers.
The new watch faces include beautiful stripes and Memoji faces. Apple also promises to contribute a part of its sales to charity! It has a Sleep Detection feature that helps detect your sleep pattern, the number of hours of a deep sleep, etc.
It also has an automatic hand washing detection that recognizes the motion in your hands to check if you’ve washed your hands long enough. The Watch encourages you to wash your hands even further if you didn’t do it for 20 seconds.
Apple Watch SE:
Another useful feature announced in the event is the Apple Watch Family Setup, which allows you to pair multiple Apple watches to the same device. This update is majorly done for children to track their location and school time. It requires Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular.
Apple Fitness+ helps users choose workouts from the catalog of videos available that can be played from the iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. Users will be able to detect their fitness levels on the screen and the trainers’ videos. Apple also announces that these workouts will be refreshed every week.
iPad 8th Gen:
The next exciting announcement at the Apple event was the iPad 8th Gen, which comes with the A12 Bionic chip, a Touch ID, and a similar form factor as its predecessor. The new series also supports Apple’s Smart Keyboard Cover and the Apple Pencil.
Stay in touch for more updates!